Translate

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

FORGIVENESS

Good Morning!!

Fresh off my trip to Egypt and still adjusting to the time zone here at home, I've been wide awake since about 230am, LoL..

So I decided to write..

Anyways was watching a video about a wide range of topics and Forgiveness came up. I thought to myself what does it truly mean to Forgive?? I was having lunch with a friend yesterday and she mentioned something her father did that one could definitely justify destroyed her family as she knew it. Subsequently her relationship with her pops has dramatically changed ever since. She spoke about how many years went by without them speaking all together and how recently she began to soften her heart toward her dad in hopes of re-birthing the relationship. But that it was such a struggle to release and Forgive what he did.. I commended her on her Honesty about how she felt and even making an attempt at working it out with her father. I stressed the importance of a girls first love being her daddy an idea she totally embraced. That being said after we finished our meal and went our separate ways I began to ponder in depth Forgiveness..

First off We ALL Need to know that Forgiveness is POWER!! - Forgiveness is the Single best gift one could give to oneself!. Forgiveness literally means to "Give Forth"

I use to think Forgiveness was something I did for the person or situation that "Wronged me" To free them of the guilt,shame or grief they may be feeling from the act.

Through my studies and life experiences I realized the act of Forgiving is really for me. Having a better understanding of universal law of Consequence or "What goes around comes around" I realized whatever act that I am perceiving had to originally come from me. This energy is being returned to me and the situation or person is acting as a mirror revealing to me a lesson that I can learn from because as "Like attracts like" if I am able to find the root/seed inside of me and truly remove it or "Give it Forth" then the energy will no longer come back to me because it is no longer in me.

So then the question becomes "What is it in me, that attracted this energy, this act or this person to me??"

If I am accusing someone of lying,cheating,stealing, lacking integrity, being abusive etc.. By Law it has to be in me first, there is some energy in me that gives that off or I wouldn't perceive it as such. This is where Honesty with oneself would come in handy. Without judging or justifying the feeling, I would ask myself if I have committed any of these things in my dealings with people or situations and the answer would be a Resounding YES! I have lied to keep from accepting responsibility, to keep from hurting someones feelings, to make myself(ego) seem larger than I may have been at the time. I have cheated in games to win, to have more than someone else, I have stolen when I thought something wasn't fair or when I thought I didn't have enough. I have been verbally abusive to people and situations, I have abused my body, my mind and spirit at times.. So if I'm finding in myself the things that I'm claiming someone did to me then its time to take a step back and Understand why I did them and think for some time that it very well may be the same reason that the person or situation did it to me!

Once again its not to JUSTIFY the BEHAVIOR its to Understand to Release the that seed of Energy from ME that attracted it in the first place.

Now One might think of a child being taken advantaged of and wonder how did they attract that to themselves. I asked the same question and what came back continuously is a child isn't fully capable until a certain age and awareness to understand energy attraction, cause and effect etc.. but the adults around them, the environment these kids our in is definitely responsible for the Energy being created. An abusive household that a child may be in will directly have an effect on the development of that child.

And some of us who may have been affected by this still can gain from using Forgiveness once again to free ourselves of any binding Energy that may be getting in the way of Healthier lifestyles that we may desire but are unaware that these past transgressions may be causing resistance.

To bring it back full circle. Forgiveness to me is a muscle that can be developed. I've learned to look at the results of whats in front of me as lessons that can be appreciated as opposed to condemned for not being what I ultimately desire. Take the info process it and it "Give it Forth or Forgive it" so that by the law of Correspondence or "Cause and Effect" it will not be allowed to return.. And if it does don't beat yourself up keep digging and releasing and ultimately it will cease to return;-)

"Knowing your Own Darkness is the Best method for dealing with the Darkness of other People" Carl Gustav Jung"

Brooklyn Mclinn




2 comments:

  1. I wish there was a like button....I forgive to lighten the load of my shoulders and move on with my life....not that I have forgotten but I need to forgive them to move past the pain to live in my peace!

    ReplyDelete